Do you find it hard to get an erection?
Do you find it difficult to keep an erection?
Are you worried that your erection isn’t hard enough for penetration?
The inability to achieve or maintain an erection is common, especially as men age. Diminishing sexual performance is distressing and can affect sexual intimacy, self-esteem, confidence, relationships and quality of life.
There are many factors, including your pelvic floor,that can affect your ability to maintain an erection. The pelvic floor muscles in men play an important role in gaining and maintaining an erection. Research has shown that men with strong pelvic floor muscles have better erectile function.
Men of all ages can experience erectile dysfunction. Although erectile dysfunction is more common as you age that doesn’t mean it is inevitable or normal. You don’t have to live with it or suffer in silence. Help is available.
• Erections that take a long time to achieve
• Erections that are insufficient for penetration
• Erections that fade quickly
Possible Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction:
• Weak pelvic floor muscles due to constipation, ageing, or heavy lifting
• Neurological disorders eg Parkinson’s Disease or Multiple Sclerosis
• Vascular issues such as high blood pressure
• Certain types of surgery
• Lifestyle factors such as smoking, drinking alcohol & inactivity
• Psychological factors, anxiety & depression
How We Can Help:
Research shows that pelvic floor exercises improve erectile function. At Women’s & Men’s Health Physiotherapy we specialise in providing a pelvic health program exclusively for you with a personalised pelvic exercise program.
What To Expect:
• A thorough assessment to establish your goals, pelvic floor requirements and treatment plan
• Design of a personalised pelvic floor muscle exercise program
• Progression of your program
What Do I Do Next?
| Camberwell |
| Hampton |
| Make an |
Did You Know