Back & Neck Pain
Are you pregnant or have you recently had a baby?
Is back, neck or rib pain affecting your daily life?
Is neck or upper back pain making breastfeeding difficult?
Low back, mid back and neck pain are very common in pregnancy and can persist, or even start, after the birth of your baby. Pregnancy hormones can relax your joints, ligaments and muscles whilst the weight you gain in pregnancy can add to the problem. Back and neck issues can be extremely painful and have a huge impact on your life at this exciting time, by limiting your ability to look after and enjoy your baby.
Whilst back and neck pain are common in pregnancy you don’t need to put up with them. Treatment can make your pregnancy more comfortable and help you enjoy your newborn baby without pain.
• Pain in the lower back which may radiate into one or both legs
• Pain in the mid back or around your bra line, often made worse by feeding and holding your baby
• Neck and arm pain & headaches, often exacerbated by breastfeeding
Possible Causes Of Back & Neck Pain:
• Physical strains & weight gain of pregnancy
• Hormonal changes
• Postural changes
• Stretching of muscles
• Increased physical demands of feeding & caring for your baby or managing your toddler
How We Can Help:
Specific physiotherapy treatment can relieve your pain whilst the right advice and an exercise program can prevent its recurrence. At Women’s & Men’s Health Physiotherapy we specialise in providing a personalised management program for your back and neck pain during pregnancy and after your baby is born.
What To Expect:
• A thorough assessment of your posture and spinal joints and muscles to establish your goals and treatment plan
• Education and advice for activity modification and postural correction
• Design of a personalised abdominal, hip and pelvic floor muscle exercise program
• Manual therapy including joint mobilisation and soft tissue massage
• Corrective taping and strapping
What Do I Do Next?
| Camberwell |
| Hampton |
| Make an |
Did You Know