COVID-19 Action Plan 17th March, 2020
At Women’s & Men’s Health Physiotherapy the health and well-being of our patients, staff & community are our number one priority, and we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
As a health care provider, we will continue to uphold our high hygiene and infection control standards, policies and procedures. With the evolving coronavirus situation, we have implemented a number of additional measures to help protect our patients and staff.
Our existing and additional measures include;
- Thorough, frequent cleaning of all high touch areas with hospital grade disinfectant, including reception surfaces, door handles and treatment areas.
- Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment during all appointments.
- Requesting patients advise us if they are potentially high risk for infection or have been exposed to anyone who is high risk.
- Requesting all patients use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry into our reception areas.
- Educational posters regarding risk reduction, symptoms and best practice hand washing.
- Ensuring staff who are experiencing cold / flu-like symptoms remain at home.
- Physiotherapists not shaking hands with patients.
- Where possible, Physiotherapists and reception staff will be maximising distance between themselves and patients.
We will be offering the option of a phone consultation, please speak to our reception team if you would like to utilise this service.
For patients who have recently been overseas we ask that you please check current travel & quarantine restrictions, as advised by the Australian Government.
And as a reminder to all, the Victorian Government Department of Health & Human Services website provides relevant education & most up to date public information on the coronavirus outbreak in Victoria.
We want you to know that you can continue to rely on us. So the next time we have the privilege of welcoming you into our practice, you can rest assured that our commitment to your health and wellbeing remains our highest priority.
Shan Morrison, Director
and the team at Women’s & Men’s Health Physiotherapy